Easy to Set up and access your Nighthawk router
Nighthawk app is the most reliable software which provides you an easy way to manage the Netgear router settings from a smartphone. Download the Nighthawk app from an official Netgear website. Netgear Nighthawk app installation is a straight-forward process. Nighthawk app makes the firmware updates easy to install. Get a notification in the app when it’s time to upgrade the firmware of the router.
Nighthawk app download for smartphones
Are you facing any issue to download the Netgear Nighthawk app? We will suggest you download the app only from the Netgear official website. We are here explaining the easy steps to download the app.
- Open the Netgear official website in the browser.
- Click the search option on the website
- Type Nighthawk app in the search.
- Click the download button for App Store or Google Play.
- Click the accept button to allow the app to download.
Create a Netgear account with Nighthawk app
Netgear account allows you to manage the router settings remotely from anywhere. Create an account from the Nighthawk app and set up the parental control. Here are some steps to create the account for the app.
- Open the Nighthawk app on the smartphone.
- Tap on create Netgear account.
- Enter the first and last name to create an account.
- Type in the email and password for the account login.
- Access your email to verify the account.
- Go back to the app and sign in with the email and the password.
How to access the Netgear router login with Nighthawk app?
Netgear users can access the router settings from the app. Manage the home network and run the network diagnostics with a single tap in the Nighthawk app. Tap the speed test option in the app to check the internet speed of your network. Now it’s very easy to set up the router from a Nighthawk app. Login to router settings with the Netgear app.
- Tap the app icon on the smartphone.
- Enter the email and the password to sign in to the app.
- Enter the administration username and password on the next screen.
- Netgear administration username and password is different from the Nighthawk app credentials.
- Click the login button after typing the router’s username and the password.
- Access the Network map or the wireless settings in the app.
What you can do with the Nighthawk app?
There is a lot of things you can do with the Nighthawk app. Create the guest network or reboot the router from just a single app. Access the Wi-Fi settings or manage the home network with a single tap on the smartphone. Here are some features of the Netgear Nighthawk app.
- Network Map: Get the list of all the devices which are connected with your home network. The network map shows the IP address and details of the devices.
- Parental Control: Setup the smart parental control to block some particular websites. Parental control allows you to block websites which you don’t want your kids to access from their devices.
- Guest Network: Enable the guest network for the visitors and give them limited access to the internet.
- Remote Access: Remote access allows you to manage your router remotely from anywhere. Access the settings of the router from any location remotely with the app.
HOW TO INSTALL NIGHTHAWK ROUTER UTILIZING THE NIGHTHAWK APP
1. In the first step attach the antennas(if any) to your Nighthawk router and connect your modem to the internet port on your nighthawk router
2. Power on your nighthawk router and wait for the wifi LED to light.
3. If you have an Android mobile, go to play store search NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK, and download the app, if you have iphone (iOS) then go to an app store, search NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK and download the app.
4. On your Android or iOS mobile device, tap on WI-FI, find your network name and connect to your router’s Wi-Fi network and you can check your Wi-Fi network name and password from your router label.
5. Open the NIGHTHAWK APP on your mobile.
6. Follow the on-screen instructions on the app to install your router.
NIGHTHAWK APP CANNOT DETECT ROUTER
When you are using a nighthawk app, there are some common issues that your NIGHTHAWK APP is not able to detect your nighthawk router, this issue can be caused by few things such as your router being set to access point (AP) mode and in the second case this is also possible that your mobile is connected to your LTE network and router’s Wi-Fi network at the same time
FOLLOW THE BELOW MENTIONED STEPS IF YOUR NIGHTHAWK APP CANNOT DETECT YOUR ROUTER
1. Make sure that your mobile device is connected to your Nighthawk router’s wi-fi network name.
2. If you are using a mobile device then make sure that your mobile data or LTE connection is disabled.
3. Make sure that your router is not in access point mode.
NIGHTHAWK APP FEATURES
- Configure your router, parental controls and guest Wi-Fi settings easily
- Change your wifi network name, password easily
- Run the built-in Ookla speed test and check your internet speed
- Share your wifi credentials easily using a QR code
- View all the details of your router i.e model number, firmware version
- Easily enable or disable remote access through the nighthawk app